Thursday, December 27, 2012

Letters - Dear Leon, from your own Alice & Dear Brother, death won't stop me


                                                                                                                           April 30, 1900
Mr. L. A. GOULD,
Bemidji, Minn.

Dear Leon, I am not able to teach today so will ask you to take my place if you can. Of course if you have something else to do so that you cannot spare the time, why well will just quit school until I am able to teach. I will tell you something about the programme: Ella has just got so she can add numbers, a little and Ray and Amy can add and subtract numbers where there is no borrowing to be done. I have been trying to teach Frank to write figures about 100 but haven’t succeeded very well. He has been working examples in addition out of the Arithmatic.

    The B. Geog. are just ready to commence with South America. I will send some thin paper that I think they can trace the map.

     I may be able to teach tomorrow, don’t know for sure though. I was worse yesterday after noon after you left than I had been at all before. I rested pretty good last night but feel rather weak this morning. My ear doesn’t bother me this morning only once in a while.

    Well I think I will stop and eat some breakfast. Come over as soon as you can. Come home with the children from school if you teach and if you don’t teach, why come when ever you can anyway.

                                                                                                         from your own Alice.
over
I could not find the thin paper I thought I have, so will send yellow tissue paper. Maybe you can use it and maybe not.


                                                                                                                      Perham, Minn.
                                                                                                                      May the 21th, 1900
L.A. Gould
Dear Brother, yours of May the 16th. is here before me and contents notest in reply will say that I will be ready to come up that next week and preach where I can until the day you wish to be made happy. I will be at Mr. Nye’s Friday of next week. Bro. Omans and me are going out in ----- this week and begin Meetings up there and when I get him started in I will run up to Audulon for next Sunday. I am going to write to Bro. Smith today and if he wants to come he can. Remember me to all. yours in the faith.

                                                                                                J. N. Roberts
                                                                                           Box 334 Perham, Minn.

P.S. Death wont stop me on that occasion, I will come – dead or alive. J.N.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like you too ;)